Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Heavy Diesel Apprentice - Nelson GMH
FIRE up your future with a Heavy Diesel Technician Apprenticeship!
What’s in it for you?
- You become a qualified tradesperson in a skill short industry
- You’re paid to work 40+ hours / week while you undertake your training
- You join an industry with a future – constantly evolving and driven by technological advances
- You will earn well above the median wage in NZ once qualified
- You will have worldwide work opportunities working for our global brands Hyster
- You will receive regular pay rises throughout your training as you achieve milestones
- You will have access to all the Gough Group staff benefits – such as tool advances, medical insurance, $ for $ employer superan contribution, fuel discounts and purchasing privileges
An apprenticeship with us is a training programme involving practical work, on the job training and in-house product training. Working to a structured training plan, you will gain a New Zealand Certificate in Heavy Automotive Engineering - Materials Handling (Level 3-4) and it is expected that you will complete your apprenticeship within three to four years.
In the branch you will be exposed to the huge range of equipment that we work on, assisting our highly skilled technicians with their jobs – anything from routine servicing through to component change outs and engine rebuilds and working with the latest technology.
The apprenticeship starts with a compulsory 2-week course in our Gough Institute of Training in Christchurch commencing on 20th January 2020. All costs are covered for this course.
What you need:
- A passion for heavy diesel equipment and machinery
- Ability to work and communicate well in a team
- A restricted driver’s license by January 2020
- Above all – a commitment to succeed and lots of motivation
Please note you must be a NZ citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered for this role.
Still not convinced?
Check out our apprentice page on our website and see our guys in action https://goughgroup.co.nz/careers/apprenticeships
See attached Flyer for more facts, and information about the recruitment process.
For any further queries please call 0800 GOUGH JOBS (0800 468 445).
Where do I sign up?
Apply online now at https://careers.goughgroup.co.nz/Job/Search or press “apply now” below.
Don’t delay - applications close on 21st of October 2019. Online applications only will be accepted. Please note, after you submit your application you will be emailed a link to complete an online Hazard Awareness Test and a personality/cognitive assessment. These must be completed for your application to be progressed.
Please note you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident to be considered for an apprenticeship with us.
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job no: IJAN935140
Closing Date: Monday, 21 October 2019